Wallpaper at CoCo Curtain
Buy Wallpapers at Great Prices. Call our Store for more information. We offer select wallpapers from WallQuest, a local supplier, with roots dating back to 1820 Lyon France, to national vendors as Phillip Jefferies, Schumacher, Kravet, Fabricut, and Thibaut. Our designers can help select wallpaper with you.
Wallpapers come in many varieties from standard paper, vinyls, foils, mylars, grasscloth, hemp, and other cloths, and flocked papers. The most important factor in choosing wallpaper is to select a pattern you like in a material that works on the surface of your wall. Some design tips to keep in mind are
- Vertical stripes or patterns make the ceiling appear higher.
- Horizontal stripes or patterns seem to widen a room and bring ceilings down.
- Large patterns generally don’t look good in a small room because they tend to overpower the space and make it seem smaller. A large, open pattern looks best in a larger space.
- Small patterns or mini-print papers work best in small rooms.
- Dark colors make a room look smaller while papers with a bright background makes a room look larger.
- Grasscloth, hemp, and other cloths are textured with laminated paper backings. These can cover less-than-perfect walls. They are difficult to work with and should be hung by an experienced paper hanger.
- Foils and Mylars are good choices for small rooms with little or no natural light. Keep in mind that the wall surface must be in nearly perfect condition because the wallpaper’s shiny surfaces accentuate any imperfections.
- Flocked papers have raised, velvety patterns and are good choices for covering walls that have minor surface imperfections. Washable flocks are easier to install than nonwashable ones, but both are expensive, and installation generally requires a pro.