The bedroom serves numerous purposes in our lives. Not only do we use the bedroom for sleeping, recovery, and restful time, but many of us decorate our bedroom in a way that characterizes our unique personality and reflects our interests and creativity. Bedrooms are fun! But they’re also our favorite place to escape when we’re emotionally or physically exhausted and stressed. What if I told you there is a way to create a bedroom that promotes a peaceful flow of invigorating and sensual energy. Does that sound too cliche? Well, what if I told you that this harmonious flow of energy is a scientifically proven system of geomancy that truly does invite you, lure you in, excite you, and calm you all at once! It’s true, it’s Feng Shui, and even better, it works!
Here are some Fung Shui Tips:
1. Let go of your TV, computer, and exercise equipment in your bedroom!! The good Feng Shui Energy, also known as “chi” is destroyed when these items are present!
2. Open the windows from time to time. Good quality air keeps the bedroom fresh and full of oxygen. It is important to maintain clean air that is absent of pollutants and other toxins.
3. Have several different levels of lighting or a dimmer in order to change the energy accordingly. Light is one of the strongest manifestations of energy, so candles and sunlight are the best Feng Shui bedroom lighting.
4. Use Soothing colors to achieve a Feng Shui Balance in your bedroom! There are many different types of energies for different types of people or moods. Such energies can be stimulated by the positioning of the furniture of your bedroom (or any room really) and the colors you decide to implement. Reds, oranges, pinks, and yellows fall under the fire element, which stimulate passion, inner warmth, and high energy. Light yellow, creams, and earthy/sandy colors establish an earth element used to create nourishment, stability, healthy, inner balance, and calm protection for your relationships. Gray and white fall under the metal element, which produces clarity, preciseness, and efficiency. Different shades of blues and black create the water element produces a sense fo ease, purity, abundance, and freshness. Finally, brown and green create a wood element that can grant your bedroom a sense of growth and vitality. (PASTEL colors are ideal)
5. Choose the images for your bedroom carefully! Images carry Feng Shui energy.
6. Position your bed so that it is approachable from both sides.
7. Have two bedside tables, one on each side. A well-balanced bed and a symmetrical appeal to the eye creates balance both visually and mentally.
8. Make sure your bed is NOT in direct line with the door.
9. Keep all of the bedroom doors closed at night. This way your energy is able to recharge and nourish flowingly throughout your bedroom. This way, you’re energy can be restored for a successful day the next morning!
10. Get rid of all of the clutter in your closet, under your bed, or anywhere in your room.
Why Feng shui? Feng Shui aligns us again with our surroundings in a balanced manner, while also tuning us back into the correct frequencies, such as good vibrations that ultimately cause us to echo the natural and artistic potential that surrounds us.
Here at Coco Curtain Studio, our design team can help you create a beautiful Feng Shui bedroom that not only stimulates a balanced sense of nourishing energy flow, but a bedroom that colorfully expresses your own style! We carry a number of bedding brands that complete just the look you are looking for, and with a Feng Shui Essence:
Pine Cone Hill Bedding:
These soft and lovely bedroom designs convey both a Feng Shui feel, as well as a pretty, creative, and fun look for the summer!
For more Bedroom ideas, visit our pinterest page at http://pinterest.com/joanflynn/ and come by our stores, located in Ridgewood, NJ and Devon, PA!
Goodnight and Happy Decorating!